23 February 2010

Coffee

This is in response to a comment from another post, which asked if there are any good coffee places in Muncie near campus.  The answer? YES!

As far as cafés ON campus go, there are two Starbucks available to students (as you might have expected).  Personally, I'm not much of a Starbucks fan, so I go to the Bookmark Café in Bracken Library.  I like their chai tea, and it's right in the library, which screams convenience.  To add to that, students with meal plans (which includes everyone living in the residence halls) can purchase food and drinks at the Bookmark Café with their meal plans.  Seriously, when I lived in the dorms I ate there nearly six times per week.

If you're looking to get OFF campus for your coffee, MT Cup is a good place to start.  It's located in the Village (an area just south of campus that has many businesses that cater to students).  They have friendly service and wonderful outside seating for when there's warmer weather. 

If you're willing to go for a short drive, bus ride, or walk, I also recommend the Blue Bottle in downtown Muncie.  It has a more "urban" feel than the places I've mentioned, so it can be fun to go down there for some joe, if nothing else for a change of scenery.  There are plenty of other places for good coffee in Muncie, but I've never been to them since I'm not much of a coffee drinker. 

I invite anyone who reads this to post a comment about their favorite coffee shop in Muncie-- I'm sure you have far better advice than I do!

Also, as a quick note about music, again I'm not the best person to tell you about all of the opportunities there are to hear live music in Muncie, but even in my lack of knowledge I can tell you there are MANY places where local musicians of all genres perform.  One particular event comes to mind: Muncie Music Fest. 

Again, if you're reading this post and know of any fun places to go to hear live music or poetry, please leave a comment and tell us about it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment