16 March 2011

Spring is in the Air

Today was lovely.  Or so I heard.  I was working on the computer for most of it.  But I had enjoyable bike rides to and from school.  I also noticed the flowers are beginning to peep through the soil all over campus.  Ball State is beautiful in the spring.  I can't wait to see everything in full bloom.   If predictions are accurate, I'll even be able to open my windows and enjoy the fresh air by the end of the week.  Won't that be charming?

Warm weather and sunshine definitely help take the sting off of still being in school.  Nearly everyone I know is ready to be finished.  It's been five years for most of my friends.  We're all looking for jobs or trying to get into grad school.  It would be nice if graduation were somehow staggered so that the job market isn't flooded every May.  I guess that's the nature of the beast though.  I'm feeling pretty good-- I have plans to visit some firms next week.  With the economy how it is, I'm not terribly confident that I'll find my dream job; nonetheless, I'm still focusing only on firms that could offer me my dream job or at least bring me a step closer to it.  I suppose if I'm still unemployed in October I'll broaden my search to include more variety.  We'll see though.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what this post was supposed to be about.  I guess I'm writing because I expect to be swamped the rest of the week.  The good news is that my classes are all coming together.  The bad news is I have significantly less time for the things I enjoy, especially climbing and biking.  Maybe if I tough it out and get ahead (dare I dream?) I'll be able to make some time for fun next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment